- Enthusiastic software developer
- Open source maintainer
- Amateur homelabber
- Boardgame bungler
- University of Michigan alumnus
- Boutique small form factor admirer
Location: Chicago, IL Remote: Yes (US only) / hybrid Willing to relocate: No Technologies: Rust, Wasm, React, Typescript, Next.js, Java, C#, Python, Postgres, serverless, Tailwind Résumé: https://nickb.dev/resume.pdf Email: [email protected]
Things I do
I’m a software engineer with 10+ years of fullstack and DevOps experience, who loves making the impractical, practical through performance and efficiency – and sometimes a little bit of glue.
I don’t want to spoil my resume, but I take pride in the work I do with the many hats I wear from working on small teams and open source projects:
- Reducing a Python analytical engine’s 30 second response times to 30 milliseconds with Rust
- Thousandfold improvement in efficiency of a critical web server after simplifying with the Dropwizard Java web service
- Client side parsing of 100 MB files in a blink of an eye with Wasm
- Making the right system design tradeoffs at a global scale
- Ensuring all site users have a accessible and ergonomic experience
It’s more than just about me. I hope to impart my passion to engineers and teammates I mentor. And nothing makes me more pleased when they derive a solution and I learn something new too!